Dear Jack,
I've been meaning to thank you for a good long while, and just haven't gotten around to it. You are responsible for many a peaceful drive to and from town, even when my AC was broken. There is something amazingly wonderful about your music that makes my children go from restless and cranky to peaceful and serene (and often puts them to sleep). I don't know if it is the steady rhythmic beat, or the soothing sound of your voice, maybe the combination of the two. I bought my husband "In Between Dreams" a few years ago, and after downloading it to his MP3 it has been hanging out it my car. I don't have many Cd's in my car, so we listen to it a lot. If I were to pick only one CD to have in my car, that would be it! Your music sounds like you are singing to a child or someone you love dearly, so they make great lullabies. Anyway, thank you so much Jack, you are great!
Read more about Jack in a recent Rolling Stone article (Drew got us a free subscription), and if you sign up for his "all at once" community you get a free song download. I love his philosophy on life and happiness, if only we all could have the means to live that carefree. *sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree. We love Jack Johnson, too! It all started with our Curious George soundtrack, it's like "musical valium".
Jack Johnson will always mean "summer 2007" to me. I love the memories...who knows, maybe it can mean "summer 2008 & 9 & 10..." He does have a very laid back and easy-going style!
Post a Comment