I've never seen such a giddy eight year old in my life! She told me that she has been looking forward to this day for as long as she can remember. Me too Sophia! She told me that she is so ready, especially now that she has her own set of scriptures! Well I'm glad that I could help with that last bit of readiness.
She is marking off the days till this Saturday in her own little calendar where she keeps track of everything. This girl is so organized at times, it kind of gives me a complex. Not really, I just need her to give me lessons.
Instead of going to school, we had a little photo shoot in the front yard this morning. We have been waiting for it to stop raining, and took advantage of the lovely weather today. 

Afterwards we went to Toys R Us to use some of the kids birthday money to get a few treasures. Thank you so much to all the grandparents (Isaac picked a little skateboard, what the hay am I supposed to do with that? We need his Cali cousins to give him some lessons!)We are so excited for this Saturday, and we want you to know that you are all invited!
9 comments:
What a happy time for all of us dear Sophia Rose to share in your baptism day. We are all looking forward to it very much! What a beatuful, sweet girl you are!
Love Toots
Sophia-
Enjoy your gig day! We wish that we could be there. Just remember that we will be thinking about you all day long, and we can't wait to hear all about it! We are glad that you are so excited...you are making such a great decision. We love you lots and lots!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
big day (oops!)
Happy Birthday Sophia! And congratus on your upcoming baptism!
Star, those pics were precious. I especially like the last one, the close up of Miss Sophia. I love you guys and hope all goes well for the baptism!
yay for sophia! i still remember my baptism day very well, it is so special. you are such a wonderful little lady and i wish you a wonderful day.
we are all so excited for you. It will be a day you remember for the rest of your life. I remember my baptism, my toe came up and got to do it twice!!! On the contrary, the water was ICE cold. Not fair. I think yours will be like a hot tub.
We wish we could be there! Tell Sophia congratulations and give her a big hug from us!
congrats sophia! what an exciting day. isn't it weird that your kid is old enought for baptism. it really did happen way too fast.
My heart is broken that we won't be able to come after all. Papa is a real nervous nellie when it comes to driving in bad weather. Maybe because we hydroplaned right off the road once.
Sophie, I was going to bring your birthday card but put it in the mail today, instead. Hope your baptism day is truly a memorable one. We are so proud of you!!
xoxoxoxoox
Post a Comment