Sunday, February 1, 2009

It's been how long?

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy every day in-between!
I'm tired of feeling blogger's guilt, so here I am bombarding you all with a kazillion pics again, and stay tuned for more once I retrieve my camera from my dear friend Hailey. I'm always leaving that thing places!
We had a lovely Thanksgiving at Lee's Fire Station, and I vote for doing that again sometime and this is why: We were assigned to bring mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce, not a tough assignment to be sure. The other 5 firefighters brought all the other necessary Thanksgiving goodies, but since their families were celebrating elsewhere, we were sent with ALL the leftovers. We went home with all the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, cranberry sauce, pie, fruity salad, a huge veggie tray, rolls, and other various tastiness.
I know, I'm a piggy, but we ate that stuff for weeks!
I think I still have some turkey in the freezer.
The kids loved playing with all the "dads", and I loved that they entertained the kids so I could sit and digest!
But the best part of all was that the mess stayed there!
Here is Sweet Isabelly eating her first ice cream cone. It was a love-hate experience for her. She loved the taste, but hated the frozen stickiness. I have a love-hate relationship with ice cream too. I love the yummy frozen stickiness, but I hate the stick-to-me-itness!Sophia loved snuggling with her sissy and her sweet new cousin Halle. Aren't they darling?
I wanted to simplify our family Christmas party, so I had the idea of making our own 5 foot long sandwich. Each family took a section and put all their favorite toppings on it, then we had fun trying each other's creations. We definitely have some gourmet sandwich artisans in the family! It was a great success, at least for me! Yummy tummy, easy clean-up, and we ate the entire thing!Proof that you CANNOT stock up on flarp a year in advance.
I just love these little snuggle buddies!!!

We had a lovely visit with Dad and Sharon in Phoenix! Dad took us on adventures, and we especially loved the Phoenix zoo!

It was so fun to hang out with dad for a few days!

This is my favorite picture from our visit! You don't see that every day!

Sweet sissys!


Then we spent a few days in Southern Utah with papa and grandma. We can't pass up on a dip in the hot tub, well, I passed, but these guys didn't. I don't know where my swim suits are, and I'm making a point to keep it that way!


Back to the winter wonderland. Sophia is quite the little skater! Her 3rd grade class has gone out skating during school hours, and she is the little pro giving all the other kids skating lessons. The boys are all jealous of her hockey skates, even though they have hot pink laces.

He's dorky and cute at the same time!

We love you all lots, and I hope to be better with the updates!

8 comments:

kate said...

lovely. oh that pic on the ice with you and the kids is so beautiful!

Clint C. said...

This is your blog-stalking babysitter from much younger years. That little Halle is such a Georgi baby. And it was wonderful seeing Andrew (that is Andrew, and not Nephi, right?)and pictures of your Dad. Love those Georgi/Primm people

victoria said...

Oooh, I loved getting the rundown a second time, with different details and pics! What a fun Christmas dinner idea. Great to see Andrew and Mindy. What a good family.

Mom & Dad Primm said...

Love the pics...

It was so good to have you here last month. It does a grandma good to hug progeny once in a while!!

xoxoxox

Lana said...

You guys are adorable. I love the ice skating picture- it brings back the good ol Huntsville memories

olderockhouse said...

My last post didn't post, so again....Welcome back Star! You are sooooo beautiful! That Georgi gene pool is stunning. Its fun to see it come out in all your sibs kids too. What a great food idea and looks like you have been enjoying the West. Let me know when you want to project swap again! Love you!

calico cat said...

Oh Star, the camera!! When are we going to get together?

Jenny said...

What is flarp?! And why in the world would you want to stock up on it?