I have been notified by the blogger police, that I better update my blog or they will have to take action. I'm sure you know how it is when you have tons to blog about, but no time to do it. Plus I am a excruciatingly slow typist!
Last week we took a weekend getaway to.... Ogden! Woo hoo! We needed a little trip, we didn't want to spend a fortune on gas, and we happened to have a wood ant infestation. So, I booked a couple rooms at the Ogden Marriot, and after setting off 3 bug bombs, we were off. It was actually very nice, and thanks to priceline, very inexpensive. Tutu treated us to sushi, the kids swam, and swam,and swam in the pool, that was the definite highlight. Sophia has finally become a little fish due to her swimming lessons, and Isaac has learned the value of a life jacket. It happened to be the Ogden Arts Festival that weekend, so we had fun seeing all the booths and artists. We even got to have a sneak peek at the painted horses as they set them up. The John Wayne horse was painted by our one and only Steve Songer Bonger(photo by Sophia).

Then we were invited to an evening at the fabulous
water slide, a tradition at the
Songer reunion.
The men get together and with their great engineering skills, construct the slide out of wood, plastic sheeting, etc. and somehow it gets bigger every year.



Such cute girls.


It was a piece of Huntsville Summer Heaven, we had a blast on the slide, and a gourmet
barbecue as well. Thank you
Songers!

The kids and I spent one morning at the Nature Center with Isaac's Early Intervention group. They loved seeing all the birds and animals, and I loved seeing them holding hands, being buddies, discovering their world together!

The reason I have not been up to much else lately is because I was put in charge of the Huntsville 4
th of July Baby Contest(actually on the 3rd). I have never even been to a baby contest, so I didn't know what was expected. I believe all babies are cute, so I just had
Tailor made certificates for each baby. We had lots of fun and lots of prizes, and a big thank you to everyone who helped me (Tutu, Jenny, Alicia, Emma,Rachel, Megan,
KeeNan, Amber, Andrew etc.)! Yep, we are in the primary room.

The 4
th of July was as wonderful as ever, maybe more wonderful because my job was over! I got to enjoy the day without too much craziness. Sophia was in the parade riding her bike that daddy helped decorate( I wish I got better pics), then we watched the patriotic program for the first time ever. I have always been helping with booths, so I never have seen it before, and I don't know how it has been in years past, but this year was awesome! We saw the melodrama the night before, and it was as fun as ever, lots of booing and hissing.




After the park fireworks, we were to pooped to do our own, so we saved them till the night of the 5
th. Isaac loved the sparklers, but ran and hid from the fountains and flowers.

I had to throw this picture in. This is how we all feel after the 4
th is over.
We hope you all had a lovely patriotic weekend!
6 comments:
There is nothing better than a Huntsville 4th of July! Surprised that there was no mention of Lee playing the banjo. :)
I was bragging about the Huntville fireworks just the other day!! What a fun 4th!
Are your ants gone? That's all you need is a little ant infestation to get you out of the house! It is nice to get away once in awhile...even if it is close by!
Sounds like fun! I made it up to Huntsville for an hour or two, just hung out at Songers (and The Great Slide). Wish I could have seen you! Ah, well. Nice job with the baby contest!
Huntsville 4th of July is the BEST!! We need to plan another one up there!
I love to spy on you and see what's going on!
We love you and miss you all lots and lots!
I love your blog. I love that I can finally track down all our fellow blogsters. And that Songer slippery slide sure looked like some extreme fun....oh the valley summer fun! Thanos, bagels and rope swings!
Ahhh, a nice dose of primmness, hunstville and songers. nice post. i'm sad i missed the 4th - it looks like a party. the slide was cool. i'm glad my dad was convinced to leave it up a few more days. loves and kisses.
-kates
Post a Comment